1. The Columbia County Amateur Series is a free, family friendly entertainment series that is designed to offer amateur performers a venue to showcase their talent. No rude, vulgar or offensive behavior is allowed, nor is profanity in any lyrics. All auditions should be a reflection of the type of performance you will give during the series. If the judges deem your content to not be family friendly, your score will reflect that opinion.
2. No performer will be able to perform in the series without going through the audition process.
3. All decisions are final.
4. All applications must be received by Columbia County on or before June 1st, 2014
5. After the sign up deadline (6/01/14), the committee will review all applications and those chosen to audition will be notified by Friday, June 6th. Notifications will be sent providing all details regarding the audition which is to be held at the JSH Performing Arts Center on Saturday, June 21, 2014.
6. All performers are responsible for bringing any instruments, CD players, cords, etc. for your performance.
7. All performers will be expected to do one song, the judges may ask you to perform more than one to get a clearer picture of your capabilities, or they may stop you before you end your first song.
8. Notification of acceptance into the series will be sent out within 5 business days after the last audition date.
9. Any/all photos or video taken during the audition process may be used for promotional purposes for the Amateur Series and will remain the property of the Columbia County Amateur Series.
10. Time slots will be assigned and we will try to stay within 30 minutes of that schedule.
11. The auditions will be held at the JSH Performing Arts Center located inside the Evans Library at 7022 Evans Town Center Blvd, Evans, Ga 30809. Categories: There will be four categories available: When signing up, indicate which category you fall into. Soloist Musician: Solo performer that will play an instrument Soloist Non-Musician: Solo performer that will not play an instrument Band: Two or more performers playing instruments Other: Any other type of performance No performers under the age of 16 will be allowed to compete in the Columbia County Amateur Series.
12. All submissions must be accompanied by a facebook or youtube link that demonstrates the talent to be show-cased.
13. The length of performance will be determined by the number of participants and will be confirmed when the schedule has been set in stone.
14. The series will be on Thursday, July 10th and end on July 12th of 2014, actual performance nights will be con-firmed by June 6th.
15. Once a performer has been accepted, and the schedule has been confirmed by the artist. Any cancellations will prohibit you from future amateur series performances